The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires enterprises to better protect an individual’s personal data. Ensuring that an individual’s data is trusted, secure, and governed can build better customer experiences and, ultimately, improve business outcomes. The Certified Data Protection Officer training course enables you to develop the necessary knowledge, skills and competence to effectively implement and manage a compliance framework with regard to the protection of personal data. After completion of all the necessary concepts of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), privacy policies, procedures, working instructions, consent forms, data protection impact assessments, in order to associate organizations in the adoption process to the new regulation.
- Understand the history of personal data protection in Europe.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts and approaches required for the effective alignment with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Understand the new requirements that the General Data Protection Regulation brings for EU organizations and non-EU organizations and when it is necessary to implement them.
- Acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in assessing the implementation of these new requirements.
- Learn how to manage a team implementing the GDPR.
- Gain the knowledge and skills required to advise organizations how to manage personal data.
- Acquire the expertise for analysis and decision making in the context of personal data protection.
- Course : GDPR
- Duaration : 5 Days
- Fees: 00.00
Benefits of CDPO (Certified Data privacy officer)
This training will enable you to develop the necessary knowledge and skills required to develop, implement and manage a compliance framework necessary for the protection of personal data. Upon mastering the concepts of GDPR, one can attend the exam and apply for a 'PECB Certified Data Protection Officer' credential. This certificate enables you to understand the gap between the General Data Protection Regulation and current organisational processes, so as to implement the adoption process of the new regulation.
Who should do GDPR Certification Courses?
GDPR training and certification courses are suitable for:
- Senior marketing managers
- Professionals or individuals who are involved in Personal Data Protection
- Compliance officers
- Risk Managers
- Fresher can build their career
What is GDPR?
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is a new comprehensive data protection law that updates existing EU laws to strengthen the protection of “personal data” (any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, so called “data subjects”) in light of rapid technological developments, the increasingly global nature of business and more complex international flows of personal data. It replaces the current patchwork of national data protection laws with a single set of rules, directly enforceable in each EU member state. The GDPR takes effect on May 25, 2018.
What is considered to be personal data?
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable living individual. It comprises of different pieces of information and these when collected together, leads to the identification of an individual.
How long can you keep personal data?
Personal data must be stored for the shortest time possible. The period for which it should be retained must be determined by considering the reasons for retaining the data. A company must fix time limits to review or erase the data stored.
What are the prerequisite for becoming a DPO?
To become a CDPO, it is advisable to have:
1. Basic understanding of GDPR
2. Basic knowledge of data privacy concepts
3. Fundamental knowledge of present data protection legal requirements.
What is the passing score for this certification?
A minimum of 70% of the total marks must be achieved in order to clear this examination.
How much technical knowledge I required for this?
None as such, though basic technical knowledge is always expected for better results.
What is the exam retake policy is somebody fails to clear the exam?
A candidate can attempt the exam as many times as required. However, there are certain limitations which are listed below:
1. A retake can happen only after 15 days of the prior attempt.
2. If a candidate fails to clear the exam in the second attempt, he/she will have to wait for 3 months for the next attempt.
3. If the exam is not passed even after the third attempt, the candidate will have to wait for 6 months for the next attempt.
4. A waiting period of 12 months applies to a candidate after fourth attempt. Also, he/she will have to pay the regular fees for this course.